How to Charge a Jaguar I-PACE
Ever wondered how to charge an electric car? Electric vehicles like the all-new Jaguar I-PACE, give you the option of charging at home or at on-the-go at public charging points around Pacific Palisades. Learn more at Hornburg Jaguar Santa Monica, then find a new Jaguar I-PACE for sale near you and learn more about available electric vehicle tax incentives!
How Does Electric Car Charging Work?
Electric cars have a lithium-ion battery that powers the vehicle’s electric motor, and like any other battery, it needs to be charged after a while. The Jaguar I-PACE 90 kWh battery has up to 234 miles of range, so you could take a long day trip out of Santa Monica worry-free.
Things to know about I-PACE charging:
- Cabin climate, driving habits, traffic, and extreme temperatures can affect the charge level.
- The I-PACE charge point is located behind the driver-side front wheel arch, and when plugged in you can leave the vehicle to charge. It will stop charging when full charge is reached.
- The charging system is self-contained, so it’s safe to charge outside even in rain and snow.
- To save your battery, use the cabin pre-conditioning function while your I-PACE is still plugged in.
- While driving, Eco Mode helps preserve the I-PACE range by making changes to the vehicle’s performance systems, cabin temperature, and more.
Jaguar I-PACE Home Charging
When it comes to charging at home, you can either use a normal 120-volt domestic outlet, or you can have a Jaguar-approved home charger installed for faster charging.
- Domestic Socket Charger: Charging overnight can typically cover an average 30-mile daily commute.
- Jaguar Home Charger: Get 0-80% charge in 10 hours, or 100% charge in 12 hours.
- Cost to Charge: To estimate the cost of fully charging your Jaguar I-PACE at home, multiply the rate you are charged per kWh as indicated on your electric bill by 90 since the I-PACE has a 90 kWh battery.
Public Charging Stations Near Malibu
AC and rapid DC charge points are available at primo parking spots in public places like parking garages, gyms, movie theaters, and malls. DC chargers especially are a great fast charging option when you are out and about or departing for a long drive around Brentwood.
- The common 50 kW DC rapid chargers can provide 0-80% charge in 85 minutes.
- 100 kW DC rapid chargers offer a faster charge rate, delivering 0-80% charge in 45 minutes.
- Local charging points will be indicated in the I-PACE Navigation System.
Experience the I-PACE at Hornburg Jaguar Santa Monica
Learn more about Jaguar I-PACE features and configurations, or compare electric vehicles like the Jaguar I-PACE vs. Tesla Model X, and contact us for a test drive when you are ready to witness this cutting-edge technology in person.
Learn More at Hornburg Jaguar Santa Monica
Looking for the best Santa Monica fireworks this Fourth of July? Whether you live in town or you want to plan a trip from Brentwood or Pacific Palisades, check out our recommendations for some of the best places to see fireworks shows on Independence Day and begin planning your night! Contact Us Santa Monica College Fireworks…
Are you shopping for an electric car in the Malibu or Pacific Palisades area? It’s important to know the ins and outs of electric vehicle charging options and charging times in order to make sure you are making the right decision for your needs. There is a variety of charging plugs and ports, with a selection…
How much can the Jaguar F-PACE tow? The 2019 Jaguar F-PACE has a maximum towing capacity of 5,290 pounds. Learn more about towing performance and features Hornburg Jaguar Santa Monica, your local authorized Jaguar retailer, then find out how you can purchase or lease the F-PACE near Pacific Palisades! Learn More View Inventory Jaguar F-PACE Towing: Engine Options You…